The state-of-the-art, team-based program provides treatment for a broad range of clinical ailments including:
- Anemias, thrombocytopenias and neutropenias
- Congenital and acquired bleeding disorders
- Hemoglobin disorders, including sickle cell anemia and thalassemia
- Aplastic anemia and other bone marrow failure syndromes
- Hypercoagulation syndromes and thrombotic disorders
The hematology team has developed and implemented a comprehensive series of clinical practice guidelines to ensure patients receive the best possible care for conditions that include: immune thrombocytopenic purpura, hemophilia and bleeding disorders, sickle hemoglobinopathies and lead poisoning.
Our center is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the top medical schools in the country, and Texas Children's Hospital, the largest pediatric hospital in the United States.
Dr. Tubman Full Interview | Sickle Cell Month
Medically Speaking: Heavy Menstrual Bleeding & Bleeding Disorders
Medically Speaking: Treatment Advances in Sickle Cell Disease, Amber M. Yates, MD