Terms of and Conditions of Use
Welcome to Texas Children’s Hospital’s (“Texas Children’s) website. Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms") carefully before using the website. It governs your relationship with Texas Children’s regarding your use of the site. By using this website, you signify your acceptance of these Terms.
Texas Children’s website is designed for general information and educational purposes only. TEXAS CHILDREN’S, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS SITE CONTRIBUTORS DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS IN EVERY RESPECT ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. The information provided on Texas Children’s website is not a substitute for professional advice from a healthcare provider. Your use of this website is not intended to create any physician-patient relationship, nor should it be considered a replacement for consultation with a healthcare professional. The information provided on this website does not provide a diagnosis of a health condition or a recommendation for a course of treatment. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. If you are concerned about your health or that of a child, please consult your family's health provider immediately. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON IT ARE NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF OR FURNISHING OF MEDICAL, NURSING, OR PROFESSIONAL HEALTH CARE ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, CONSULTATION OR TREATMENT OR SERVICES IN ANY JURISDICTION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL TEXAS CHILDREN’S, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ITS SITE CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE WEBSITE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR BUSINESS OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS WEBSITE, OR SITES ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.
ALTHOUGH TEXAS CHILDREN’S ATTEMPTS TO ENSURE THE INTEGRITY AND ACCURATENESS OF THE SITE, IT MAKES NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, APPROPRIATENESS FOR A PARTICULAR TASK OR APPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITES. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND.
You agree to indemnify TEXAS CHILDREN’S and any of its parent or subsidiary companies or organizations, and any of its successors, assigns or licensees, together with any of their respective officers, directors and employees, against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to your use of the website, or any breach or violation of this Agreement or any other term or condition contained herein.
The privacy of our customers is important to Texas Children's Hospital. We understand that visitors to sites within texaschildrens.org need to be in control of their personal information.
- Your personal information is not required to visit our site. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still visit texaschildrens.org web pages.
- Texas Children's Hospital may collect personally identifiable information only if specifically and voluntarily provided and authorized by you.
- Texas Children's Hospital may use third-party services or programs to collect or maintain any voluntary personal information you may choose to provide us.
- Personally identifying information collected will be used only in connection with texaschildrens.org or for such purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- Some information collected is for statistical purposes only. Texas Children's Hospital performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our sites.
- We use Google Maps to help you find our buildings and services. Google collects some personal and device information from your browser.
- Texas Children's Hospital will make every reasonable effort to protect the personal information that you share with us.