Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Bone Marrow Failure Program
This award-winning program joins innovative research with top clinical care and support to address conditions contributing to bone marrow failure. As part of Texas Children’s Hematology Center, the Bone Marrow Failure Clinic diagnoses and treats patients for a variety of conditions contributing to bone marrow failure.
- Acquired aplastic anemia, including hepatitis-associated
- Barth syndrome
- Congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia
- Diamond Blackfan anemia
- Dyskeratosis congenita
- Fanconi anemia
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- RUNX1 deficiency syndrome
- Severe congenital neutropenia (Kostmann syndrome)
- Shwachman Diamond syndrome
- Thrombocytopenia-absent radius syndrome
Our clinicians perform bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, make genetic and molecular diagnoses, offer immunosuppressive therapy for patients with acquired aplastic anemia, coordinate comprehensive expert multidisciplinary care for patients with inherited bone marrow failure syndromes and, if necessary, make referrals to our expert Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Clinic.