The Barbara Adams Family Resource Center
The Barbara Adams Family Health Library
Welcome to The Barbara Adams Family Resource Center at Texas Children’s. The Resource Center was designed with our patients and families in mind. It is a quiet place for you to relax and enjoy several of our onsite amenities.
The Resource Center is located on the 16th floor of West Tower at the Medical Center campus. Here you can find several resources to assist you:
- Check out books for leisure and/or medical education
- Business Center with access to a computer access, printing, copying, faxing and scanning capabilities
- Charge your phone and other electronic devices
The Barbara Adams Digital Family Resource Center complements the in-person services offered at the physical location in the Medical Center and provides access to reliable medical information online, as well as other useful links and tools for outpatients, inpatients and visitors. You can access the Barbra Adams Digital Family Resource Center here.
While you are here
Amenities & Accommodations
- Gift Shops
- Postal Services
- Massage Services
- Laundry Room
- Hair Salon
- Milk Bank
- Baby BISTRO
- Hospital School Program
Play and Entertainment
- Child Life Department
- Radio Lollipop
- Collaboration with Disney
- Epic Bedside
- Merle C. Donigan Play Garden
- Another opportunity to get outdoors is the play area located outside the Abercrombie Building Level 1. The play garden is appropriate for children of all ages.
- Children's Garden
- Located on West Tower Level 4, this relaxing roof garden provides seating and tables for patients and families who want to spend time together, enjoy a meal or simply get outdoors without having to leave the hospital.