Volunteer Services Mission
The Volunteer Services Department at Texas Children's Hospital is committed to maintaining an active program of support, compassion and quality service for the community of children and families we serve, as well as the staff of Texas Children's Hospital, while providing meaningful and challenging opportunities for those who volunteer.
When joining the Volunteer Services team at Texas Children's, you will become a part of a diverse group of over 800 active Auxiliary members who support patients, families and Hospital staff through a number of assignments throughout the Texas Children's system. Although we do not offer opportunities for clinical exposure or shadowing medical staff, we do offer a number of exciting and rewarding volunteer assignments at each of our 3 locations: Texas Children's Hospital & Pavilion for Women (Medical Center), Texas Children's Hospital West Campus (Katy) and Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands (The Woodlands).
Most of our volunteer programs require a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours a week. Daytime, evening and weekend assignments are available.
Please visit the links below for additional information about the various volunteer opportunities. We hope that you will find an opportunity to fit your interests and availability to help us support the mission of Texas Children's Hospital.
- Medical Center - Located in the Texas Medical Center, volunteers assist in many ways, but usually support pediatric patients by playing games, interacting with families and assisting with administrative duties.
- West Campus - Located in Katy, West Campus offers expert pediatric outpatient services, inpatient care, surgical services and pediatric emergency center. Volunteer support patients, families and staff through various volunteer assignments.
- The Woodlands - Offers expert pediatric care closer than ever before. Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency Services available. Volunteers support patient, families and staff through various volunteer assignments.
- Groups, Community Organizations & One Time Opportunities - Onsite and Offsite volunteer opportunities and projects.
Become a Volunteer
- Read about each volunteer opportunity and determine which opportunity you are interested in joining.
- Follow the application instructions for the volunteer opportunity you have selected.
Contact Volunteer Services - Medical Center
- Telephone: 832-824-2257
- Address: Volunteer Services Department Suite. A1125
6621 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org