Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Texas Children’s is honored and humbled to be ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas and among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. This recognition starts and ends with having an amazing team, including wonderful volunteers who help provide the best care possible to children, women and their families.
Texas Children’s Volunteer Services assigns volunteer positions based on the hospital’s current needs and the volunteer’s availability, interests and skills. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and commit to serving a minimum of one, three-hour shift on the same day and at the same time each week for a minimum of six months.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Please review the following:
- We invite you to learn more about our volunteer program requirements, please review our Volunteer Applicant Overview.
- We are looking for compassionate and committed volunteers to fill any of the following open volunteer opportunities:
- Guest Services – Are you a multitasker who enjoys engaging with people? Be part of our awesome hospitality team who greet and provide wayfinding/directions to families at our information desks. Volunteers assist with the delivery of patient mail, support comfort toiletries, and hospitality bags.
- Child Life Playrooms – Are you enthusiastic and a kid at heart? Meaningfully engage with patients and siblings in a Child Life Playroom located on inpatient units. Come play!
- Spiritual Care – As a spiritual care volunteer, you are a good listener, inspiring, and emotionally supportive of patients, families, and staff by showing empathy and providing much needed encouragement.
- Beads of Courage – Volunteers visit with Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit patients to provide beads, which promote healing in the form of art. To learn more about the program, click here.
- Bed Rest Buddies – Bed Rest Buddies support bedside crafting activities with patients on bed rest in the Pavilion for Women. Ideal volunteers should be creative and enjoy spending one-on-one time with soon to be moms.
- Outpatient Clinics – Volunteers in outpatient clinics ease patient anxiety by providing distractions in waiting areas by playing card games, puzzles, and coloring.
- To join our amazing team of volunteers, please complete the Volunteer Application.
2023 Summer Junior Program
The Summer Junior Program is a highly sought-after program that provides high school students, ages 15-17, an opportunity to volunteer at Texas Children’s Hospital Medical Center campus. Junior Volunteers support patients, families, and staff through a variety of volunteer assignments and interactive engagements throughout the hospital.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023 Summer Junior Program.
Please check back in February 2024 for more information about volunteer opportunities for high school students.
Contact Texas Children’s Volunteer Services - Medical Center Campus
Volunteer Services Department
6621 Fannin Street, Suite A1125
Houston, TX 77030