Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The surgeons in the Plastic Surgery department at Texas Children’s Hospital are dedicated to helping children function at the highest level by treating both common and complex surgical needs. We want to help them look and feel their best. Our team cares about families and we do our best to provide a positive care environment.
After nearly 40 years, Plastic Surgery has established an international reputation for its expertise in a number of subspecialty areas of plastic surgery. We have grown to become the largest plastic surgery programs in the country dedicated specifically to the treatment of the pediatric population.
This multidisciplinary team includes specialists from different services including Ear, Nose and Throat, Dermatology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Radiology, Speech Language and Learning, and Genetics, among others.
These specialists treat and manage patients in specialized clinics:
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) Clinic: treatment and surgical management of spastic upper extremities
- Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic: treatment and surgical correction of cleft lip and palate anomalies
- Craniofacial Program: treatment and surgical correction of syndromic and non-syndromic craniofacial abnormalities
- Brachial Plexus Clinic: treatment of neonatal and traumatic brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries
- Orthodontic Clinic: treatment and correction of a wide range of orthodontic conditions
- Vascular Anomalies Clinic: treatment and management of vascular anomalies, both tumors and malformations
Additional areas of focus and specialty by our plastic surgeons include:
- Pediatric Hand Surgery: treatment of congenital hand/wrist and upper-extremity anomalies as well as those as a result infection, trauma and tumors
- Microvascular Surgery: treatment of amputated fingers, nerve and artery injuries, soft and/or hard tissue defects
- General Pediatric Plastic Surgery: treatment of moles, cysts, traumatic injuries and complex wounds
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: treatment of aesthetic issues using a variety of procedures including body contouring, otoplasty (prominent ears) and breast reduction
Instrucciones Posoperatorias Del Labio Leporino
Cleft Lip Repair Post-Operative Instructions
Medically Speaking - Multidisciplinary Care of the Cleft Patient