Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
- Wallace Tower, Floor 16 - Phone: 832-822-2100
- Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands (Outpatient Services), Floor 6 - Phone: 832-822-2100
The largest clinical genetics clinic in the country, Texas Children's Hospital Genetics Clinic strives to stay at the forefront of genetic research while offering families the latest diagnostic and clinical resources available.
Our physicians are faculty in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine.
Texas Children's Genetics Clinic:
- Sees more than 3,000 families each year.
- Has 18 board-certified medical geneticists, 8 board-certified genetic counselors, 2 genetic nurse practitioners, 2 genetic nurses and 2 metabolic dieticians.
- Receives more grant support from the National Institutes of Health than any other genetics department in the U.S.
Children are referred to our clinic for many reasons, including developmental delay or a suspected genetic condition. The initial evaluation includes the taking of a detailed family history and physical exam.
We also counsel families when a genetic diagnosis is known as to the pattern of inheritance, complications and prognosis of the condition, risk for future pregnancy and reproductive options.
Additionally, we partner with other Texas Children's departments and provide genetics services in the Mitochondrial Clinic, Renal Genetics Clinic, Obesity Clinic, Cystic Fibrosis Care Center and Gender Medicine.
The Genetics Clinics only see patients who have been referred by their pediatrician. If you would like your child to be seen, please ask your pediatrician to complete the referral process or fax their referral to 832-824-7333.