Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
- Wallace Tower, Floor 16 - Phone: 832-822-2100
- Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands (Outpatient Services), Floor 6 - Phone: 832-822-2100
The largest clinical genetics clinic in the country, Texas Children's Hospital Genetics Clinic strives to stay at the forefront of genetic research while offering families the latest diagnostic and clinical resources available.
Our physicians are faculty in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine.
Texas Children's Genetics Clinic:
- Sees more than 3,000 families each year.
- Has 18 board-certified medical geneticists, 3 board-certified genetic counselors and 6 genetic nurses
- Receives more grant support from the National Institutes of Health than any other genetics department in the U.S.
Children are referred to our clinic for many reasons, including developmental delay or a suspected genetic condition. The initial evaluation includes the taking of a detailed family history and physical exam.
We also counsel families when a genetic diagnosis is known as to the pattern of inheritance, complications and prognosis of the condition, risk for future pregnancy and reproductive options.
Specialty clinics within our department include the metabolic clinic, neurofibromatosis clinic, skeletal dysplasia clinic, cancer genetics clinic and adult genetics clinic. The cardiovascular genetics clinic is a joint effort with our department and cardiology.
Additionally, we have a joint clinic with the otolaryngology department, the otogenetics clinic, that meets monthly.