Joseph Angelo, MD
Dr. Angelo is dedicated to providing the highest level of patient-centered, evidence-based care to children and adolescents with all types of kidney disease. His clinical and research interests include acute kidney injury, critical care nephrology and the short and long-term effects of cancer and bone-marrow transplant on the kidney. Dr. Angelo is also an active member of the multi-disciplinary team at the Texas Children’s Fetal Center, participating in clinical care, research and the development of protocols for children with congenital abnormalities of the kidney and urinary tract.
• Intensive Care Nephrology
• Acute kidney injury
• Congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract (pre-natal consults)
• CRRT (continuous renal replacement therapy)
• Acute dialysis
• AKI after bone marrow transplant
• LUTO (lower urinary tract obstruction)
Ruano R, Dunn T, Braun MC, Angelo JR, Safdar A. Lower urinary tract obstruction: fetal intervention based on prenatal staging. Pediatric Nephrology 32(10):1871-8, PubMed PMID: 28730376, 2017.
Nassr AA, Koh CK, Shamshirsaz AA, Espinoza J, Sangi-Haghpeykar H, Sharhan D, Angelo J, et al. Are ultrasound renal aspects associated with urinary biochemistry in fetuses with lower urinary tract obstruction? Prenatal Diagnosis 36(13):1206-1210. PubMed PMID: 27862070, 2016.
Tal L, Angelo JR, Akcan-Arikan A. Neonatal extracorporeal renal replacement therapy-a routine renal support modality? Pediatric Nephrology 31(11)2013-5. PubMed PMID: 27270721, 2016.
JA Angelo. “Acute Kidney Injury,” in Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support Course (Society of Critical Care Medicine), Online Textbook, 2nd Edition, Ch. 18, 2013.
Angelo JA, Bell C, Braun MC. Allograft failure in kidney transplant recipients with membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis, American Journal of Kidney Diseases 57(2):291-9, PubMed PMID: 21215503, 2011.
ViiCTR Profile: https://profiles.viictr.org/display/BCM/joseph-angelo
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.