Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Chocolate pudding from True Food Kitchen
We’ve been working with True Food Kitchen in an effort to show families how healthy eating can be attainable, palatable and enjoyable to make, and we’re eager to share the final original recipe video they crafted in collaboration with 10Ben and Video by Robot.
It’s possible to make healthier alternatives to other desserts typically high in sugar or saturated fat, and this simple chocolate pudding recipe makes a great example. This recipe is not included on the menu at True Food Kitchen, and we recommend consuming desserts like this one in moderation.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 9 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – add more, if desired
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water, set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Whisk in half of the milk, create a smooth paste, and whisk in remaining milk to combine.
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat; stir constantly until mixture is brought to a simmer.
- Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in chocolate, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a separate bowl.
- Immediately set mixture bowl in the iced water bowl, cooling down the pudding.
- Place plastic wrap over the pudding’s surface to prevent skin from forming; refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
- Divide the pudding into portions and top with walnuts.
Enjoy! If you’d like to learn more about the mission behind this video series, check out our first blog here.