The Texas Children's Mobile Clinics provide:
- Well-child, sports and school physicals (uninsured children) (not offered until further notice)
- Illness/urgent care examinations (uninsured children) (not offered until further notice)
- Vaccinations/immunizations (for Texas Vaccines for Children eligible children)
- Help applying for public health insurance, such as Medicaid, CHIP, and Harris Health Eligibility Card
- Behavioral health therapy
- Referrals to medical and social services as needed
- Health care and nutrition education for children and families
- Referrals to permanent and trusted medical homes
*Prior to receiving services, an accompanying parent/guardian must complete a Texas Children’s Hospital financial assistance application. Free services are based on hospital requirements for charity care. To expedite the process, families are encouraged to bring proof of income.
For information on eligibility for free vaccines through the Texas Vaccines for Children Program, please refer to the following webpage: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/tvfc/info-for-parents.aspx
If you have any questions about eligibility for our services, please call 832-824-6788.
Helping families get the help they need
The mobile clinic bilingual team includes four pediatricians, one nurse practitioner, six medical assistants, a community health worker, and a clinic manager.
The Texas Children’s Mobile Clinic Program collaborates closely with the Texas Children’s Trauma and Grief Center to bring behavioral health therapy to underserved children.