Texas Children’s operates mobile clinics to provide trusted, high-quality medical services to children who may not have the access or opportunity to receive health care. Our fleet of mobile clinics travel to low-income, largely Hispanic neighborhoods to provide comprehensive health care to underserved children. The mobile clinics provide free care to children from newborn to 18 years of age. The clinics are open to the public; children do not have to attend the school where the clinic is parked to receive care.
- Our clinic is a first come, first served walk-in service.
- No appointments needed.
- Services and immunizations are limited by staffing, supplies and time.
- Families are encouraged to arrive early.
- Children MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- Families MUST come with all available copies of their immunization/vaccine/shot records including records from countries of origin
- * Eligibility requirements apply
The Texas Children’s mobile clinics are offering all childhood immunizations.
Appointments are strongly recommended. Call 832-824-6355 to make an appointment for immunizations! If there is no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back within 48 hours.
We are taking walk-in patients but only during the first 1 hour of each clinic day (approximately 8 patients for each clinic ---we are limited by time, supplies, and staffing). We cannot guarantee you will be seen if you don’t have an appointment.
Las clínicas móviles de Texas Children’s están ofreciendo todas las vacunas para niños
Se recomienda citas. ¡Llame al 832-824-6355 para hacer una cita para vacunas! Si no hay respuesta, deje un mensaje y le devolveremos la llamada en 48 horas.
Aceptamos pacientes sin cita, pero solo durante la primera hora de cada día de la clínica (aproximadamente 8 pacientes por cada clínica; tenemos limitaciones de tiempo, suministros y personal). No podemos garantizarle que lo atenderán si no tiene una cita.
Please click here to read the Vaccine Information Statements (VISs) to learn about vaccines available to your child.
The mission of Texas Children's Mobile Clinic Program is to provide comprehensive health care and preventive education to underserved children in the Houston area.
Our goals are to:
- Educate families about health insurance options
- Explain to families the advantages of establishing a permanent medical home for their children
- Increase immunization rates in target areas
- Reduce inappropriate ER use by increasing access to health care in target areas
- Promote health education and healthy living in the communities served
- Provide a learning opportunity for Baylor College of Medicine medical students and residents with a focus on barriers in caring for underserved children and the importance of reducing health care disparities