Our bilingual staff includes four Texas Children's pediatricians, one nurse practitioner, a clinic manager, six medical assistants, a community health worker, and a behavioral health specialist.
Texas Children’s operates mobile clinics to provide trusted, high-quality medical services to children who may not have the access or opportunity to receive health care. Our fleet of mobile clinics travel to low-income, largely Hispanic neighborhoods to provide free health care to underserved children.
The mission of Texas Children's Mobile Clinic Program is to provide comprehensive health care and preventive education to underserved children in the Houston area.
Our goals are to:
- Educate families about health insurance options
- Explain to families the advantages of establishing a permanent medical home for their children
- Increase immunization rates in target areas
- Reduce inappropriate ER use by increasing access to health care in target areas
- Promote health education and healthy living in the communities served
- Provide a learning opportunity for Baylor College of Medicine medical students and residents with a focus on barriers in caring for underserved children and the importance of reducing health care disparities