Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
The Texas Children's Hospital Audiology Center provides hearing and audiologic services for infants and children of all ages and developmental levels.
Services provided include:
- Newborn hearing screen
- Comprehensive audiologic evaluations
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) evaluation - both sedated and unsedated
- Auditory steady state response (ASSR) evaluation
- Hearing aid services
- Cochlear implant evaluation and mapping
Risk factors for hearing loss include:
- Chronic ear disease
- Family history of childhood hearing loss
- Hospitalization in a neonatal intensive care unit
- Congenital ear malformations
- Malformations and tumors of the ear and temporal bone
- Speech and language delay
The Audiology Center is staffed by 12 licensed and certified audiologists, 2 audiology assistants, and 2 registered nurses. All audiologists at Texas Children's Hospital have advanced degrees, have the certificate of clinical competence (CCC) by the American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA) and are licensed by the state of Texas to practice audiology and to fit and dispense hearing aids.
Referral for evaluation is accepted from the child's physician.
The Future of Otolaryngology at Texas Children’s Hospital