Rossana Malatesta Muncher, MD
Dr. Malatesta is a dedicated pediatric nephrologist who takes care of children with all types of kidney disease including hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, obstructive uropathies, chronic kidney disease, end stage renal disease, dialysis and transplantation. She has special clinical interest in chronic kidney disease, end-stage renal disease and dialysis patients. Her research interest is on cardiovascular complications of children with chronic kidney disease, mainly during dialysis.
• Chronic kidney disease
• End Stage Renal Disease / chronic dialysis
• Patient Reported Outcomes
• Cardiovascular outcomes in Pediatric Hypertension
• Renal manifestations of Sickle Cell Anemia
Malatesta-Muncher R, Wansapura J, Taylor M, Lindquist D, Hor K, Mitsnefes M. Early cardiac dysfunction in pediatric patients on maintenance dialysis and post kidney transplant. Pediatric Nephrology 2012 Jul;27(7):1157-64.
Malatesta-Muncher R, Mitsnefes MM. Management of blood pressure in children. Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 2012 May;21(3):318-22.
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.