Fleet and Equipment
Newborn babies and critically ill children require specialized, experienced care, and Texas Children's Kangaroo Crew is serious about safety and speed during the transport of each patient.
Our vehicles are maintained impeccably to be ready at a moment's notice and adhere to the strictest safety standards.
Texas Children's Kangaroo Crew fleet includes:
- 4 ground ambulances for transports within 90 miles of Texas Children's Hospital
- A specially modified Cessna Bravo jet that is all-weather, can travel at speeds up to 450 miles per hour and go 1,800 miles without refueling. Kangaroo Crew flies throughout the United States and Central America.
Specialized ambulance equipment saves lives
- Kangaroo Crew's ground and air ambulances feature state-of-the-art equipment designed specifically for newborns and children. They carry everything needed to operate as mobile intensive care units, including specialized portable equipment necessary for newborn/pediatric air management, IV therapy and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
In order to provide the best possible care while en route to Texas Children’s, each vehicle in the fleet also is outfitted with:
- Transport incubators
- Nitric oxide
- Portable blood analyzers
- Cardiorespiratory and hemodynamic monitors
- Life-support system, including specially sized and configured ventilators
- Defribillators with external pacemakers
- Intubation equipment
- Supplies for procedures
- Infusion devices
- Emergency medications
- Surfactant therapy
- Special lift to get incubators in and out of ambulance
- ECMO transport capabilities
The Kangaroo Crew stocks specially sized equipment and supplies, including blood pressure cuffs, EKG electrodes and diapers designed to fit the tiniest newborns.