Texas Children's Pediatric Surgery Division provides a broad range of individualized surgical procedures -- from the routine to the highly complex. The high degree of specialization provided enables exemplary diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care. Our internal referral system pairs each patient with the physician most suited to handle the case to ensure the best possible care and outcomes.
In addition to providing comprehensive surgical treatments for a wide range of pediatric conditions, our program has specialized expertise in:
- Adolescent metabolic (bariatric) surgery
- Anorectal malformation
- Colorectal and pelvic health
- Chest wall repair (pectus excavatum and carinatum)
- Endocrine and biliary surgery
- Fetal and EXIT (ex utero intrapartum treatment) procedures
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Minimally invasive surgeries, including laparoscopic and thoracoscopic diagnosis and treatment
- Robotic surgery
- Surgical oncology
- Thyroid tumors
- Trauma and critical care
Using a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and child life specialists, we work closely with Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers to address the complex surgical care of children with cancer. We are one of the most active surgical oncology programs in the United States with a particular focus on Wilms’ tumors and neuroblastoma.