For International Patients
In addition to detailed information that can be found on the International Services home page, the following information may be helpful to patients traveling to Houston to seek care with Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus.
How to prepare for your visit
- Send or bring records from your local Ophthalmologist, preferably in English.
- If you need surgery, plan to be in Houston for one week after surgery and be able to return for future follow up or make arrangements with a local ophthalmologist, who we will need to speak with prior to surgery.
- We will provide a translator in your preferred language if we know in advance.
- Forms to complete in advance of your visit:
- International Patient Planning Worksheet
- New Patient History Form – English (Child)
- New Patient History Form – Spanish (Child)
- New Patient History Form - English (Adult)
- New Patient History Form – Spanish (Adult)
To Assist You with Your Travel Arrangements
Nearby Hotels (Walking distance to Texas Children’s Hospital)
Hilton Houston Plaza/ Medical Center
6633 Travis St, Houston, TX 77030
Wyndham Houston – Medical Center Hotel
6800 Main St, Houston, TX 77030
Houston Marriott Medical Center
6580 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western – Houston Medical Center
6700 Main St, Houston TX 77030
For more information on places to stay, click here.
George Bush International Airport (23.3 miles north of Texas Children’s Hospital)
2800 N. Terminal Rd, Houston, TX 77032
William P. Hobby Airport (12.2 miles south of Texas Children;s Hospital)
7800 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061