Pediatric Hospital Medicine (PHM) is a group of more than 30 general pediatricians with an interest in the care of hospitalized children. Our mission is to be the premier provider of general pediatric inpatient care at Texas Children’s Hospital and become a national leader in the practice and advancement of Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
- The highest quality, efficient and compassionate inpatient care in a culturally sensitive, family-centered environment.
- Use of evidence-based medicine to develop, implement, refine and advance best practices in pediatric hospital medicine.
- A seamless transition of care for discharged patients through communication and information transfer between the hospitalists and primary care physicians.
- Ongoing research and collaboration with specialists and centers of excellence to advance pediatric hospitalist medicine.
- Advocacy for patient safety through quality improvement initiatives.
- Excellence in education of students, residents, colleagues and parents.
- An enriching work environment that promotes professional development and career satisfaction and longevity for hospitalists.
Our physicians provide 24/7 in house coverage both at Texas Children’s Hospital main campus and West Campus. We care for the hospitalized patients of more than 500 primary care physicians and in addition, we accept patients from the critical care service, inpatient transfers from outlying hospitals and direct admissions from some area emergency rooms. We co-manage patients with the surgeons and surgical subspecialists at West Campus.