Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Fragile X Clinic
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Fragile X Clinic at Texas Children's Hospital provides services to address the unique needs of children and families affected by Fragile X. Our clinic supplements your child’s primary care physician’s routine medical care with developmental assessments and individualized treatment recommendations from professionals with expertise in Fragile X. The physicians in the Fragile X Clinic also provide specialty developmental and psychiatric care for adults with Fragile X.
The Fragile X Clinic provides the following core services:
- A comprehensive evaluation of your child’s health and cognitive development.
- Recommendations for specialized therapies and treatments tailored for your child.
- Periodic reevaluations of your child’s developmental skills.
- Referrals to any medical specialists needed. Whenever possible, these referrals are made to Texas Children’s Hospital specialists who have experience in providing care to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Referrals for early signs of medical complications that family members of individuals with Fragile X may encounter, including Fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) and Fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency (FXPOI).
- Guidance regarding transition planning for adolescents and young adults affected by Fragile X.
- Developmental and psychiatric care for adults with Fragile X.
- Links with community organizations that help support families in nurturing their children’s best abilities.
- Information on research opportunities for individuals and families affected by Fragile X.
The Fragile X Clinic at Texas Children’s Hospital is part of the National Fragile X Foundation Clinic & Research Consortium, which was created in 2006 by the National Fragile X Foundation (NFXF) in response to the growing needs of families whose members have one of the three identified Fragile X conditions — Fragile X syndrome (FXS), Fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) and Fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency (FXPOI). Each clinic is staffed by knowledgeable specialists experienced in the evaluation and treatment of all the conditions.