Our laboratory is staffed by pulmonary technologists, respiratory therapists and nurses.
The pulmonary diagnostic laboratory performs a number of diagnostic tests and procedures.
Pulmonary function tests including:
- Bronchodilator response evaluation
- Lung volumes
- Exercise tests
- Methacholine bronchoprovocation
- Infant pulmonary function
- Multi-channel studies to evaluate infants with cardiorespiratory problems
- Interpretation of cardiorespiratory (apnea) monitor data
- Lung mechanics
- O2 saturation
- End-tidal CO2
The laboratory also provides respiratory care therapies and education to patients in the ambulatory setting, such as:
- Aerosol therapy and instruction
- Airway clearance instruction
- Asthma and cystic fibrosis education
All tests are available at Texas Children's Hospital in the Clinical Care Tower. Selected studies are available at Texas Children's Hospital - West Campus and Texas Children's Hospital - Woodlands Campus.