Texas Medical Center
6701 Fannin St., Ste. 1510
Houston, TX 77030
Mehmet Fatih Okcu, MD, MPH
Dr. Fatih Okcu's longstanding clinical interest and expertise is in brain tumors and solid tumors. He treats all subtypes of brain tumors, and has a special interest in soft tissue sarcomas, Ewing sarcoma, malignant melanoma and rare pediatric cancers. Dr. Fatih Okcu is a member of the Epidemiology and Population Sciences Program, the Solid Tumor Programs, the Long Term Survivor Program, and the Brain Tumor Program.
Dr. Fatih Okcu has ongoing studies include late effects after proton radiation therapy in brain tumor patients, reasons for lack of adherence to follow up care in survivors and relationship between genetic polymorphisms and late permanent treatment effects in childhood cancer survivors.
- Molecular cancer epidemiology
- Genetic polymorphisms that modify therapy modalities
- Adverse events secondary to treatment
- Neurocognitive impairments in childhood long-term survivors
2019 Fellows Excellence in Education Award, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Center
2013 Teaching and Evaluation, Fullbright and Javorski Award, Baylor College of Medicine
2013 Fellows Excellence in Education Award, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Center
2009 Faculty Recognition Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas Children’s Cancer Center and Hematology Service
2008 International Society of Pediatric NeuroOncology
1997 The Scott Carter Fellowship Award, National Childhood Cancer Foundation
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.