- Clinic Hours - 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month
- Lupus Rounds - 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. the 2nd Wednesdays of each month
Texas Children’s Hospital Lupus Clinic provides comprehensive, evidenced-based care to children and adolescents with juvenile onset systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and lupus spectrum disorders. The clinic provides care to one of the biggest cohorts of childhood SLE in North America, which as of April 2017 includes 515 patients. Established in 2013, our clinic aims to provide state-of-the-art care to patients with lupus and their families and to promote awareness, education, and research for this chronic and difficult autoimmune disease.
The dedicated team includes 10 pediatric rheumatologists, six fellows, four nurse educators, and one advanced practitioner, social worker, clinical pharmacist, child life specialist, nutritionist, nurse manager and practice administrator. The team partners with a nephrologist and a gynecologist to provide further comprehensive care to the patient population. The highly comprehensive care plan includes easy and prompt access to multidisciplinary care and support through close collaboration among care providers such as regular monthly lupus conference to discuss care plans.
Our dedicated pediatric rheumatologists & providers are members of:
- (CARRA) Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance
- (PRCSG) Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group
The Lupus care meeting facilitates interdisciplinary case management and helps develop a strong framework for measuring quality of care, outcomes and transition readiness. Clinical, translational, and basic research is conducted in collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Medical Center.
Texas Children's Hospital Pediatric Rheumatology Center
- Rheumatology – Immune Mediated Brain Disease
- Rheumatology – Cardiology Kawasaki Disease Care
- Rheumatology – Pulmonary Medicine on Immune Mediated Lung Diseases
- Rheumatology - Fellows clinic
- Rheumatology – Anesthesia on Amplified Pain Syndrome Comprehensive Care
- Musculoskeletal Clinic
- Adolescent Transition Clinic