Solid Tumor Fellowship (Sarcoma)
The pediatric hematology-oncology fellowship programs such as that at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) and Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH), teach the basic principles and practice in pediatric neuro-oncology. However, in order to acquire more comprehensive and advanced knowledge and skills in this subspecialty, we offer a 1 year post-graduate training specifically in the areas of solid tumor research, evaluation and management.
Goals and Objectives
• To enhance clinical expertise in the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of solid tumors in infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
• Continue to learn and apply knowledge obtained from basic laboratory and clinical research to the understanding of the cellular mechanisms of tumorigenesis including tumor-initiating cell biology, and relationships to metastasis in sarcomas/solid tumors.
• When possible, prepare and present data obtained from this clinical experience at institutional, local, and international conferences.
• Prepare and submit manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal.
• Use basic knowledge in cancer biology to improve the understanding of current therapy and propose novel approaches for the treatment of pediatric solid tumors that will ultimately impact on the management of affected individuals.
Candidates should be American Board of Pediatrics eligible for pediatric hematology-oncology or should have received equivalent training as judged by the program directors. Only individuals who have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited fellowship in pediatric hematology-oncology or equivalent training are eligible for this advanced training opportunity FFFFFFFF0000000014000500540065007800740033000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 FFFFFFFF00000000140000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
July 1 - June 30
Program Accreditation and Training Sites
Texas Medical Board: 503480399
Texas Children’s Hospital
|Conference||Frequency||Role of the fellow|
|Tumor Board Problem and Case Conference||weekly||Organizes and conducts conference
Participant in discussion
|Research Seminar Conference||weekly||Observer
Participant in Q&A
|Solid Tumor Scan Rounds||weekly||Attend and present|
|Musculoskeletal Rounds||monthly||Attend and present|
Program E-mail: email@example.com
Program Director: Murali Chintagumpala, M.D.
Fellows interested in this fellowship training program must complete and submit an application along with two letters of reference, a curriculum vitae and a statement of interest. Learn more about how to apply for this fellowship.