Zbigniew A. Starosolski, PhD
Department or Service
- Texas Medical Center
Senior Research Scientist
Texas Children's Hospital
Assistant Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
|Silesian University of Technology||masters||Master of Science||1999|
|Silesian University of Technology||PhD||Doctor of Philosophy - Control Theory at the Faculty of Automatic Control||2004|
|The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston - School of Biomedical Informatics||post-doctoral fellow||2011|
Dr. Zbigniew Starosolski was born in Poland. He graduated and received his Master Degree in Science at Silesian University of Technology in 1999, and got a positon of Research Assistant. He did his PhD in the field of Control Theory at the Faculty of Automatic Control of Silesian University of Technology in 2004. Since then he worked as an Assistant Professor at his Alma Mater for 11 years. During that period he completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship at School of Biomedical Informatics at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston in 2011. Dr. Starosolski joined Texas Children’s Hospital as a Senior Research Scientist in 2011. Since 2013 he is also an Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine.
His research interests include medical image processing and classification for magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography w/o contrast medium, molecular dynamics of protein interaction and rapid prototyping for clinical applications. He is an author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts and papers presented at international meetings.
1) Zbigniew Starosolski, Carlos Villamizar, David Rendon, Michael Paldino, Dianna M. Milewicz, Ketan Ghaghada, and Ananth Annapragada, Ultra High-Resolution In vivo Computed Tomography Imaging `of Mouse Cerebrovasculature Using a Long Circulating Blood Pool Contrast Agent, Scientific Raports, 5:10178 | DOI: 10.1038/srep10178 (2015)
2) Eric A Tanifum, Zbigniew A Starosolski, Stephanie W Fowler, Joanna L Jankowsky and Ananth V Annapragada, Cerebral vascular leak in a mouse model of amyloid neuropathology , Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism (2014), pp.1–9.
3) Zbigniew A. Starosolski, J. Herman Kan, Scott D. Rosenfeld, Rajesh Krishnamurthy, Ananth Annapragada, Application of 3-D printing (rapid prototyping) for creating physical models of pediatric orthopedic disorders, Pediatric Radiology (2014), pp. 44:216 –221 (Section: Technical Innovation).
4) Zbigniew Starosolski, Marek Szczepanski, Manuel Wahle, Mirabela Rusu, Willy Wriggers, Developing a denoising filter for electron microscopy and tomography data in the cloud, Biophysical Reviews, September 2012, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp 223-229.
5) Mirabela Rusu, Zbigniew Starosolski, Manuel Wahle, Alexander Rigort,Willy Wriggers, Automated tracing of filaments in 3D electron tomography reconstructions using Sculptor and Situs, Journal of Structural Biology, Vol 178, Issue 2, May 2012, Pages 121–128.
6) Polański A., Starosolski Z., Świerniak A., Kimmel M.: Single nucleotide polymorphisms applied in statistical inference of population growth, Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering, vol. 23, pp. 45-61, 2003