Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Jenny Rodgers went to a regular OB/GYN visit for her 20-week ultrasound, expecting everything to be normal. Instead, the news she received was earth-shattering. Her baby had only half his heart – a rare and life-threatening condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). Jenny and her husband Philip chose Texas Children’s Hospital to ensure the best possible care for their son. Aiden Rodgers was born at Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women and just four days later, he had his first open-heart surgery to begin repairing his half-formed heart and get him home. Visit the Texas Children's Heart Center for more information.
- Half a heart: Aiden's Story
- Living with half a heart: Aiden's Update
- Patient Stories: Rodgers Family
- Baby born with rare diagnosis: He only has half of his heart (Fox News)
- Aiden Rodgers, Baby Born With Half A Heart, Struggles To Pump Oxygenated Blood (Medical Daily)
- Louisiana Baby Born with Half a Heart (The Bump)