MyChart Wait List Appointment Offers
Sometimes earlier appointment options become available sooner than your originally scheduled appointment.
If there is an earlier appointment available that meets your original appointment criteria and medical needs, you will receive a text and/or email notification as soon as an earlier appointment is open.
Currently, wait list appointment offers are available for the following services: Allergy and Immunology; Baylor OB/GYN; Nephrology; Neurology; Orthopedics; Rheumatology.
Signing up to accept MyChart text message notifications is the fastest and easiest way to be alerted when a Wait List appointment offer is available.
How to receive MyChart text message notifications:
- Sign in to MyChart.
- Update Notification Settings. You may receive a pop up alert with instructions about updating notifications, or you can update notification preferences in MyChart (via desktop version only) to opt in to receive New Wait List Offer text messages.
- Select: Preferences > Notifications > New Wait List Offer > Check text box.
When you receive a text with a wait list offer:
- Log in to MyChart immediately.
- From the home page or My Appointmentsmenu, select My Upcoming Appointments (for mobile app users, select Appointments.)
- Review the new offer, and choose whether you'd like to keep your current appointment or switch to the new appointment. *Offer expires and is 1st come, 1st served.
If you choose to keep your current appointment, or do not claim the new appointment offer before it expires, no further action is required. When a new appointment offer is not accepted, you will keep your original appointment, remain on the wait list and will be notified in the future if additional appointment times become available.
You may receive wait list offers for each appointment you have scheduled with any Texas Children's Hospital department.
Please contact the Customer Care Contact Center at 832-824-2778 if you have any questions about your appointments.