Preparing for your infusion visit
Before your visit
- You will receive an appointment card from the office visit staff with your infusion visit appointment time.
- You may check-in up to 30 minutes before your infusion visit.
- Please give your appointment card to the infusion area staff when checking in.
- Please remember to make your next office or infusion visit appointment before you leave.
- If you use LMX for port access, place it 30 minutes before your appointment time.
- Bring your medications with you to every visit.
- Bring a copy of your immunization records to your next office visit.
Leaving the property
- If you have a central line or port-a-cath not connected to a pump, you may leave Texas Children’s Hospital.
- If you have a peripheral IV, please obtain approval from your Infusion Room nurse before leaving Texas Children’s Hospital.
- If you are connected to a pump, please obtain approval from your Infusion Room nurse before leaving the floor.
- Texas Children’s Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Located on the 3rd floor of the Wallace Tower, the same building as the Cancer and Hematology Centers Clinic
Hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Southside Pharmacy
7700 Main St.
Houston, TX 77030
Hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For more information about parking, family services, local attractions, dining options, and nearby ATMs, please see our pdf document "Preparing for your infusion visit"