Summer Internship Program
The goal of the Summer Internship Program at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers is to provide frontier-level research experience, and an introduction to the administrative and operations management at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers.
For program participants interested in research, the summer internship includes a weekly research seminar series that provide talks about cutting-edge science. Additionally, the internship offers those interested in the administration component access to administrative leaders who are available to offer guidance and answer questions about career options. You will have the opportunity to make connections with physician and administrative leaders in the field of pediatric hematology/oncology. Your position will be a real job, with compensation and real responsibilities. You will be mentored throughout the process and given the opportunity to learn new techniques, skills, and make connections with others students who are facing decisions you are making. We welcome students for all science and business majors, and high school students interested in learning about science and/or administration. In addition to the learning opportunities you will be given, the experience of seeing the results of the work done within the cancer and hematology centers will be extraordinary. We look forward to having you join our team for a summer of learning and a memorable experience.
- Start Date: Monday, June 3, 3019
- End Date: Friday, July 26, 2019
The Program Offers:
- Up to 8 paid weeks of oncology/hematology related research or administrative training
- Weekly research seminars
- Career development activities
To qualify for the TXCH Summer Internship program, you must:
- At the time of application, be a high school student at least 16 years of age, or an undergraduate college/university student
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent (if a different grading scale is used)
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
The application period for the summer internships is December 24th through February 15th. To apply, please select the appropriate application link and you will be routed to the application website (the application links will only be available during the application period).
- High School Research
- High School Administration/Arts in Medicine Program
- Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Administration/Arts in Medicine Program