Pharmacy Residency Application Process
To apply for any of the Texas Children’s Hospital pharmacy residency programs, the following must be completed and entered into PhORCAS prior to the application deadline:
- A 1-page typed letter of intent describing your career goals and reasons for pursuing the residency
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcript of course work from pharmacy school
- 3 PhORCAS recommendation forms (letters are not required)
- At least 1 recommendation must be from a recent employer or manager and 1 from a preceptor
Those applying to the PGY1/PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration residency must also:
- Apply to The University of Houston College of Pharmacy by visiting the University of Houston Pharmacy MS Program homepage (deadline may vary).
- Sign up for and complete a PPS or pre-application interview prior to being offered an on-site (or virtual) interview.
Applications are due on December 31, 2021 for this year. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted at the time of the application deadline while pending official transcripts in PhORCAS. Candidates are expected to encourage their references to complete the PhORCAS recommendations on time, but will not be penalized if reference forms are late. Ongoing pandemic conditions will determine the need for on-site interviews. Offers for interviews will be extended in January following the application deadline.
The residency begins approximately July 1. Please contact the program residency director with any questions.