Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Solid Tumor Fellowship (Sarcoma)
The pediatric hematology-oncology fellowship programs at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital, teach the basic principles and practice in pediatric neuro-oncology.
In order to acquire more comprehensive and advanced knowledge and skills in this subspecialty, we offer a 1 year post-graduate training, specifically in the areas of solid tumor research, evaluation and management.
Goals and Objectives
- To enhance clinical expertise in the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of solid tumors in infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- Continue to learn and apply knowledge obtained from basic laboratory and clinical research to the understanding of the cellular mechanisms of tumorigenesis including tumor-initiating cell biology, and relationships to metastasis in sarcomas/solid tumors.
- When possible, prepare and present data obtained from this clinical experience at institutional, local, and international conferences.
- Prepare and submit manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal.
- Use basic knowledge in cancer biology to improve the understanding of current therapy and propose novel approaches for the treatment of pediatric solid tumors that will ultimately impact on the management of affected individuals.
Candidates should be American Board of Pediatrics eligible for pediatric hematology-oncology or should have received equivalent training as judged by the program directors. Only individuals who have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited fellowship in pediatric hematology-oncology or equivalent training are eligible for this advanced training opportunity.
Foreign medical graduates and visa holders
At this time, we are only able to accept J-1 training visas, but not those with H1B visas.
July - June
Program Accreditation and Training Sites
Texas Medical Board: 503480399
Texas Children’s Hospital
|Conference||Frequency||Role of the fellow|
|Tumor Board Problem and Case Conference||weekly||Organizes and conducts conference
Participant in discussion
|Research Seminar Conference||weekly||Observer
Participant in Q&A
|Solid Tumor Scan Rounds||weekly||Attend and present|
|Musculoskeletal Rounds||monthly||Attend and present|
Address: 1102 Bates Ave., Ste. 1570 Houston, TX 77030
Program E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solid Tumor Fellowship (Sarcoma) Clinical Director
Jennifer Foster, MD, MPH
Solid Tumor Fellowship Program Director
YoungNa Lee-Kim, MD
Fellows interested in this fellowship training program must complete and submit an application along with three letters of reference, a curriculum vitae and a statement of interest.