The Global HOPE Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Fellowship Program at Makerere University invites pediatricians to apply for this two-year clinical fellowship for August 2019 intake. Successful fellows will receive a formal, accredited award of recognition as Sub-Specialists in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology that will jointly be awarded by Makerere University College of Health Sciences, in partnership with Mulago Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine-USA.
The program is based on a comprehensive curriculum that covers the entire scope of cancers and blood disorders in children, packaged in a rigorous syllabus of supervised multi-disciplinary management of children with cancer and blood diseases, online didactic lectures, and multi-disciplinary case discussion and clinical case conferences.
- Completion of MMed. Pediatrics or equivalent, and
- Registration and License to Practice Medicine and Pediatrics
A limited number of scholarships to cover trainee stipends and educational materials are available.
How to Apply
- Send an email as soon as possible to the Program Coordinator, Mrs. Rachel Kansiime, at Rachel.Kansiime@bcm.edu indicating your intention to apply and your highest medical qualification.
- Return a completed application package and supporting documents by February 11, 2019 to the Program Coordinator, Mrs. Rachel Kansiime at Rachel.Kansiime@bcm.edu.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews at Makerere University Kampala during the week of April 15-22, 2019.