Neuro-Oncology Clinical Research Track
- To develop expertise in clinical research methodology with specific emphasis on the design and proper conduct of phase I, II, and III clinical studies as they pertain to children with CNS tumors.
- To develop expertise in the fundamentals of treatment for CNS tumors.
- To develop an understanding of the molecular events involved in the development of CNS neoplasms.
- To gain expertise in the development of correlative studies that incorporate new diagnostic technologies, neuroimaging techniques, and treatment modalities.
- To understand the ethical and regulatory issues involved in pediatric clinical research, including special protections afforded to children, appropriate recruitment of minorities into clinical trials, and the role of the Institutional Review Board.
Neuro-Oncology Clinical Research Track Mentors
Susan Blaney, MD - Track Director
Elise C. Young Chair of Pediatric Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine
Director, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers, Texas Children’s Hospital
Section Chief, Hematology-Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology-Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine