About the Fellowship
The 12-month Texas Children’s Hospital Administrative Fellowship is designed to develop future healthcare leaders. This comprehensive program provides early careerists with exposure to executive leadership in the nation’s largest children’s hospital.
During the fellowship, individuals will learn about the range of services and programs offered at Texas Children’s. Individuals will cultivate leadership skills by pursuing areas of interest based on personal and professional goals, as well as contribute to organizational priorities. The Texas Children’s Administrative Fellowship Program offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn and grow as health care professionals.
The Administrative Fellowship program offers a unique opportunity to learn about the values, mission, and structure of Texas Children’s Hospital. Fellows will spend the first two weeks in an immersive and hands-on orientation. This provides fellows with an opportunity to become familiar with the institution, meet key leaders, and identify areas of interest for further project work or rotations.
Fellows will then spend time shadowing and working with key leaders to gain perspective on day-to-day operations and decisions faced by executive leadership. Fellows will also work closely with the executive leadership team on strategic projects that further the organization’s mission and needs.
Fellows will attend executive-level and Board of Trustees meetings throughout the program to gain valuable insight into the organization’s direction and top challenges facing healthcare and leadership. We believe that development occurs through a variety of experiences including working closely with senior leaders, involvement in projects, attending leadership meetings, as well as participating in world-class development opportunities.
Fellowship Program Leadership
Throughout the year, Administrative Fellows will have the opportunity to work closely with the entire Texas Children’s Hospital Leadership Team, and specifically, the executive leaders below:
- Mark A. Wallace, President and CEO, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Michelle Riley-Brown, Executive Vice President and President of Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus and President of Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands
- Weldon Gage, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Dan DiPrisco, Executive Vice President
- Mark Mullarkey, Executive Vice President and President of Texas Children’s Health Plan
- Aisha Jamal, Vice President, Corporate Governance
- Interested applicants must possess a CAHME accredited MHA, CEPH accredited MPH, or AACSB accredited MBA by the fellowship start date. This program can serve as the remaining requirement for the graduate degree if all didactic coursework has been completed prior to the fellowship start date.
Required skills for this position are:
- A passion for providing quality healthcare to children and women
- Knowledge of the healthcare market and of business theory and its application
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence
- The ability to demonstrate organizational awareness, think analytically and show initiative
- Completed Application Form on texaschildrenspeople.org
- Upload all required documents to the link below your resume labeled “upload additional documents”
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Current Resume
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Must include at least 1 professional and 1 academic
- 1-Page single-spaced Personal Statement that addresses your goals in pursuing a fellowship and a career at Texas Children’s Hospital
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
- Phone Interviews: Early October 2021
- Onsite Interviews: Early November 2021
- Offer Date: November 12, 2021
- Start Date: July 11, 2022
In order to help answer any further questions and give you a chance to meet our current fellows, we will be hosting two webinars: August 12th 6pm CT and September 15th 12pm CT. They can register for a webinar here! A confirmation email with the details will be sent out a week before each webinar.