Functional Dry Needling Level 2
October 30 - November 1, 2020
Having practiced and perfected the techniques of FDN Level 1, practitioners are now experienced and skilled enough to cover musculature in more technical areas, including that of the thoracic spine and trunk, lumbar spine, cervical spine, hip, hand, foot, upper extremity, temporomandibular joint, and connective tissues.
This course is a lab-intensive atmosphere, including SFMA instruction, and 3-4 case presentations with assessment, treatment, and practical experience. This 3-day course also provides additional onsite hours that some states require before practicing dry needling in patient treatment.
- Successful completion of FDN Level 1
- Current license as a PT, MD, DO, DC, PA, or NP (LAc only by request/referral.) (Not accepted: ATC, RMT, OT, PTA)
- Submit to KinetaCore a patient log of 200 dry needling sessions.
- Or, complete “Functional Dry Needling: Clinical Integration” and submit a log of 100 dry needling sessions.
- This course requires 6 hours of pre-course online content. This content must be completed in the Moodle Learning Platform prior to attending the weekend onsite.
- It is vital to your patient care that you have experienced this treatment in an educational setting. Please come prepared to practice the dry needling and also have it practiced on you.
- Pregnant women may not participate in this course due to risks associated with the practical sessions. Please contact us for more information.
- Participants must achieve 90% proficiency on all on-line quizzes prior to the course and 80% proficiency on comprehensive written exam after the course. They must also pass a practical examination on-site to earn their certification to practice dry needling.
- If you do not pass either the Theory or the Practical test, you will be required to re-test the material, which may incur further registration fees. Read, study, and come prepared.
- Click here to review KinetaCore’s CEU and Cancellation Policy.
- Please review your licensing state’s scope of practice to determine its status on Dry Needling.
- If you have a post-operative or other medical condition which may prohibit you from taking this course, please consult your physician and contact us for more information before registering.
Successful completion of this advanced level of the Dry Needling course of study will deem you competent and proficient in becoming a Functional Dry Needling® (FDN) Practitioner. Similar to the class model of FDN Level 1, this course includes theoretical and laboratory sessions which incorporate instruction in safety, needling technique, treatment rationales for various diagnoses, and education in contraindications, precautions, and possible complications of dry needling. Content is taught in a blended format including both pre-course online content and hands-on lab-intensive weekend course.
Texas Children's Hospital - The Woodlands
17600 Interstate 45 South, Conference room WL.0280.01
The Woodlands, TX 77384
6 hours online, 27 hours onsite, total 33 contact hours or CCU’s through TPTA
Registration - Register online
Day 1 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
8:00-10:00 Introduction, Review Safety, CNT
10:00-11:30 Upper Quadrant Neuro
11:30-12:00 Forearm and Hand: Lecture and Lab
12:30-2:30 Upper Quadrant Palpation Lab
2:30-3:30 Cervical Spine and TMJ: Lecture and Lab
3:30-5:30 Upper T/S and Para-Scapular: Lecture and Lab
Day 2 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
8:30-9:30 Movement Assessment (SFMA)
9:30-11:00 Shoulder Girdle and UE: Lecture and Lab
11:00-12:00 Upper Quadrant Case Studies
12:30-1:30 Lower Quadrant Neuro
1:30-2:30 Lower Quadrant Palpation Lab
2:30-4:00 Thoracolumbar and Abdominals: Lecture and Lab
4:00-6:00 Advanced Hip and Pelvis: Lecture and Lab
Day 3 8:00 am—4:00 pm
9:00-10:30 Lower Leg: Lecture and Lab
10:30-12:00 Foot: Lecture and Lab
12:30-2:30 Advanced Techniques Lab and Skill Check
2:30-3:30 Lower Quadrant Case Studies
3:30-4:00 Clinical Integration and Wrap-up
*Practical Evaluation/Testing will be an ongoing part of all lab sessions. **Agenda may be altered as needed for course flow.
Candlewood Suites (The Woodlands)
7525 St. Luke's Way
The Woodlands, Texas 77384
Hotel front desk: 1-936-271-2100
Request medical rate for Texas Children's Hospital