Society of Critical Care Medicine: Fundamental Critical Care Support Obstetrics Course
Contact email@example.com with course questions.
FCCS: OB is a two-day course that covers physiologic changes during pregnancy, specific obstetric medical conditions and appropriate treatment, maternal cardiovascular resuscitation, and airway management of critically ill pregnant patients, as well as appropriate steps in fetal assessment, delivery, and neonatal management. The course is formatted as a series of presentations and skill stations to provide knowledge, guidance for decision-making, and limited practice in some clinical procedures and scenarios. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
The modular nature of the topics allows the presentations and skill stations to be emphasized and ordered in a variety of ways to best meet audience and facility needs. Learners are provided with the FCCS: Obstetrics textbook to read prior to the course. This enables them to come prepared for the pretest and better equipped to participate in course discussions. A posttest at the end of the course will evaluate their knowledge.
The course is intended for healthcare providers who provide maternal/fetal critical care.
- Upon completion of the FCCS: OB course, learners will be able to:
- Explain physiologic changes during pregnancy
- Describe specific maternal obstetric and medical conditions and appropriate treatment
- Demonstrate optimum maternal CPR and airway management in the care of critically ill pregnant patients
- Describe appropriate steps for fetal assessment, delivery, and neonatal management
Successful course completion includes:
- Acceptable attendance during both days of the course
- Satisfactory performance in the skill stations
- Passing score (≥ 70%) on the posttest for the provider course
- Completion of the participant CME/CNE evaluation
- Learners who successfully complete the course will receive an FCCS: OB certificate of completion and provider card.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for exhibitor opportunities.
- Physicians: $225.00
- Physician trainee: $175.00
- Advanced Practice: $175.00
- External Nurses: $125.00
- TCH Nurses: $58.00
- Coming from Main Street? Look for TMC parking Garage 21 signs.
- Coming from Fannin? Look for TMC entrance 9 or Garage 21 signs for parking.
- From the parking garage, take the elevator to the 4th Floor and follow the directional signage.
- Valet parking is also available at the main entrance at 6651 Main St. Houston, Texas 77030.
- Parking: Valet $13, Self $12. Parking will NOT be validated for attendees.
Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District
Address: 6580 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 796-0080
Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) is an approved provider with commendation of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The purpose of this program is to provide helpful information, addressing the latest developments in nursing and medicine. It is not a substitute for experienced medical guidance and does not provide medical advice or attempt to address the numerous factual issues that arise in the practice of medicine.