Join us for our monthly virtual educational series
Spotlight on Otolaryngology
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 | 12:30 - 1:30
Click here for more information
September 19, 2019
About the conference
Nursing Professional Development and Education Council present Professional Day 2019: Evidence-Based Approaches to Care in Pediatrics and Obstetrics.
Join us at the Texas Children’s® Medical Center Campus, West Campus, or The Woodlands on Thursday, September 19th, 2019.
Professional Day is a system wide conference targeted to high-quality team based education internally and throughout the community specific to pediatrics, obstetrics, and professional practice. This unique nursing led conference aligns with the National Academy of Medicine Nursing Future of Nursing 2020-2030 goals and supports Texas Children’s Magnet® excellence.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, participants will be able to enhance quality care and patient outcomes through evidence-based practice in the area of pediatrics, obstetrics, and professional practice.
Internal Texas Children’s® employees or external community attendees may attend one or more sessions at any campus with confirmed registration.
Any healthcare provider in pediatrics and obstetrics, including registered nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists, social workers and other interprofessional team members.
Conference registration fees
- TCH employee (excludes Baylor): No charge
- Student: $30 full day/$15 half-day
- Non-TCH employee: $60 full day/$30 half day
Medical Center Campus
4th Floor Conference Center Pavilion for Women
6651 Main St. Houston, TX 77030
First Floor Conference Rooms, 150.10 and 150.20
18200 Katy Freeway (I-10 and Barker Cypress)
Houston, TX 77094
The Woodlands Campus
2nd floor Conference Rooms A & B
17600 I-45 South
The Woodlands, TX 77384
Texas Children’s Hospital is accredited by Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Texas Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM for TMC, 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM for West Campus and 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM for the Woodlands. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Texas Children's Hospital is an approved provider with commendation of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Contact hours available for Social Workers.
Texas Children’s Hospital is an approved continuing education provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists.
Contact hours for Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians available.
Contact hours for Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy are being applied for in Texas.
Texas Children’s/Baylor Employee Volunteer Opportunities
- Main Campus Professional Day 2019 Volunteer Sign Up
- The Woodlands Campus Professional Day 2019 Volunteer Sign Up
- West Campus Professional Day 2019 Volunteer Sign Up
- Coming from Main Street? Look for TMC parking Garage 21 signs.
- Coming from Fannin? Look for TMC entrance 9 or Garage 21 signs for parking.
- From the parking garage, take the elevator to the 4th Floor and follow the directional signage.
- Valet parking is also available at the main entrance at 6651 Main St. Houston, Texas 77030.
- Parking: Valet $13, Self $12. Parking will NOT be validated for attendees.
- Designated spaces, Free
- Free parking in the garage on level 3 or above
- May use 2nd floor Sky Bridge from Garage to Outpatient Building
Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District
Address: 6580 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 796-0080
Fairfield Inn and Courtyard Houston offers special discounted rates to Texas Children’s Hospital.:
Courtyard by Marriott I-10 West/Park Row
Address: 18010 Park Row Drive, Houston, TX 77084
Phone: (936) 271-0110
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Address: 1511 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77094
Phone: (281) 367-9797
The Marriott hotels offer discounted rates for Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands – need to request when booking:
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Houston The Woodlands
Address: 16850 I-45 South, The Woodlands, TX 77384
Phone: (936) 271-0110
The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
Address: 1601 Lake Robbins Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Phone: (281) 367-9797
Presenter Resources and Best Practices
Texas Children’s Branding Templates
- Professional Day Powerpoint Template
- Texas Children's Basic Powerpoint Template
- MakeSigns Texas Children's Poster Template
- Texas Children's Basic Poster Template
- Presentation Skills
For more information on this conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-824-2465
Please contact email@example.com for exhibitor opportunities.
The purpose of this program is to provide helpful information, addressing the latest developments in nursing and medicine. It is not a substitute for experienced medical guidance and does not provide medical advice or attempt to address the numerous factual issues that arise in the practice of medicine.
A special thank you to our community partners!
- RE/MAX Pearland, Texas
- Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
- Jenny Martinez
- Grand Canyon University
- Western Governors University - Texas
- BTG International Inc.
- TruStick Wearable PIV and Port Trainers, TCH and Sawbones Collaboration
- AccuVein Inc
- Stryker- Sage Products
- University of Phoenix
- Lamar University
- American Nursing Informatics Association - Houston Chapter
- Chamberlain University - Pearland Campus
- The University of Texas at Arlington