Diabetes Management of the School Aged Child
Date & Time
Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m. (Check in and Continental Breakfast at 8:00am)
Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands
17600 Interstate 45 South
The Woodlands, Texas 77384
2nd Floor Hospital Conference Center
Parking: In Garage behind hospital
Registration Information & Fees
- Non-TCH RN's = $60.00
- Non-RN's = $35.00
- Non-TCH RN's = $70.00
- Non-RN's = $45.00
TCH employees contact Jenny Hiser at email@example.com to register.
Electronic Payments are subject to a processing fee.
Registration limit: 100 attendees
Speakers & Topics Include
- Bonnie McCann-Crosby, MD - Type 1 Diabetes: Nature or Nurture
- Christina J. Espineli, BSN, RN, CDE & Caroline S. Elenburg, RD, LD - Exercise: Effects on Blood Glucose & Treatment
- Cynthia G. Sanders RN, MS, CPNP-PC - Safe at School
- Katie A. Gallagher, Ph.D, - Diabetes Burnout”: Identifying Distress and Promoting Healthy Coping
- Kevin F. Hernandez, MPH, RDN, LD, CDE - Different Types of Fats and Long-Term Effects on Health
- Min-Jye Chen, MD - Diabetes Technology: Insulin Pumps, CGM, and Future of Diabetes
- Nelly Miranda, BS, RN, CDE - Basic Skills Review
- Rebecca M. Hutchinson, RN, BSN, CDE - Blood Glucose Logs and Pattern Management
- Rhadika Koppanur, MS, RD, CDE - Identifying Diabetes Burnout in the School Aged Child
- Sonia A. Guerra, RN, CDE - Misconceptions Related to T1/T2 Diabetes
This Continuing Nursing Education Activity awards up to 7.58 contact hours. Texas Children’s Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association – Approver, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Children's Hospital is an approved provider of continuing education by the commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR). Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists (RDN’s) and Dietetic Technicians, registered (DTR’s) will receive up to 6.5 hrs. RD CPE credits for completion of the 2018 Diabetes Management of the School Aged Child program. The program/material is designated for level 2 CPE.