41st Annual Belle Blackwell School Nurse Conference
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Check-in and Breakfast 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Conference 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8877 Barker Cypress Rd.
Cypress, TX 77433
About this Event
Presented by the Texas School Nurses Organization Region IV in conjunction with Texas Children's Hospital.
School Nurses building bridge within the 21st century framework. Updates on illegal drugs/vaping, autism, asthma, bipolar/anxiety disorders, skin rashes, and playground/orthopedic injuries.
- 8:00am-8:15am - Introduction
- 8:15am-9:00am - Athletic Trainer Nursing Management of Sprains, Strains & Play Ground Injuries in School Aged Children presented by Susan Niles
- 9:00am-10:00am - A Pain in the Stomach. Rethinking the nursing management of abdominal pain in the school setting presented by Bryan Vartabedian, MD
- 10:00am-10:15am - Break
- 10:15am-11:15am - Nursing Management of Autism in School Age Children presented by Jen Kasmerski, PhD
- 11:15am-12:15pm - Nursing Management of Skin Rashes vs Skin Conditions in School Aged Children presented by Nasreen Santana, NP
- 12:15pm-1:15pm - Lunch
- 1:15pm-2:15pm - Nursing Management of Bi-polar, Anxiety and ODD presented by Stephanie Chapman, PhD
- 2:15pm-3:15pm - Nursing Management of Asthma in School Age Children presented by Brandi Beilik, RT
- 3:15pm-3:30pm - Break
- 3:30pm-4:30pm - Updates on Drugs of Abuse and the Impact on School-aged Children and Families presented by Dawn Mathis, DEA
- 4:30pm-5:25pm - Proven Strategies to Keep Your Patients and Your License Safe presented Yvette Cheeks, MSN, RN
- 5:25pm-5:30pm - Closing
- Until June 30: $70.00 NASN members, $85 Non-members
- July 1 - July 10: $85.00 NASN members, $100 Non-members
Texas Children's Hospital is an approved provider with commendation of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This continuing nursing education activity awards up to 6.0 contact hours.
For more information please contact: Stacey Diamond, MBA, RN, NCSN at firstname.lastname@example.org