24th Annual Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplantation 2019 Annual Conference
Jointly Provided by Texas Children’s Hospital, Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplantation (SPLIT) and Baylor College of Medicine
Early registration is recommended as space is limited!
About the Conference
This conference is designed for health care professionals involved in the care of pediatric liver transplant patients. The two-day event will consist of speaker presentations, panel discussions, case presentations, and poster presentations.
- Unique Transplant Considerations
- A Village Approach to Liver Intensive Care
- Surgical & Interventional Considerations
- The Many Faces of Rejection
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019
- 7:30 - 8:00: Breakfast and Registration
- 8:00 - 8:10: Opening remarks
- 8:10 - 8:35: Keynote Speaker
- 8:35 - 10:10: Session 1: Unique Transplant Considerations
- 10:10 - 10:30 Coffee / Snack Break
- 10:30 - 12:15: Session 2: A Village Approach to Liver Intensive Care
- 12:15 - 1:45: Lunch
- 1:45 - 3:10: Session 3: Surgical & Interventional Considerations
- 3:10 - 3:30: Break
- 3:30 - 4:20: Session 4: The Many Faces of Rejection
- 4:20 - 5:00: Session 5: Advocacy
- 5:00 - 6:00: Session 6: Travel Award Platform Presentations
- 6:00 - 7:30: Welcome Reception & Review of Posters
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019
- 7:30 - 8:00: Breakfast
- 8:00 - 10:15: Session 7: Committee Reports
- 10:15 - 10:30: Break
- 10:30 - 12:00: Session 8: Challenges in Pediatric Liver Transplantation (Case Studies)
- 12:00 - 12:15: Concluding Remarks / Adjournment
There will be a complimentary welcome reception on Thursday, October 24, 2019 following the conference at the Hilton Americas-Houston from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Business casual- Please be prepared and dress appropriately in the event that the conference rooms are a lower temperature than you prefer.
Please email Melissa Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org with conference related questions or concerns.
There are two Houston airports options:
- HOU- William P. Hobby Airport is 10 miles from the hotel (approx. 20 minute drive).
- IAH- George Bush Intercontinental Airport is 20 miles from the hotel (approx. 30 minute drive).
- Transportation options to the hotel: Uber, Lyft, Taxi from the airport.
1600 Lamar St
Houston, TX 77010
Hilton Americas-Houston is a contemporary, state of the art 24 story convention hotel with 1,200 guest rooms and 92,000 square feet of meeting space, a FedEx office Print & Ship Center, full service restaurants, including Pappasito's Cantina, an indoor pool, and a spa & health club. It is directly connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center and is within walking distance of many restaurant options, sports arenas, Discovery green, and nightlife.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the following rates:
1 King Bed or 2 Double Queen Beds:
- Single $229/night
- Double $229/night
- Triple $254/night
- Quad $279/night
We have a limited number of rooms reserved. Please make your reservations early to ensure you are able to get a room at the reserved rates. Reserve your room under the group rate, here.
WiFi / Internet
Wireless Internet will be available in the meeting conference rooms.
Conference registrants wishing to cancel their registration must notify Melissa Nugent of your cancellation via email at email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on 10/16/2019. If you cancel your registration on or before October 16, 2019, you will receive a refund for your conference registration fee, less a $25 administrative fee.
Conference registrants canceling their registration on or after October 17, 2019 will be ineligible for refund of the conference registration fee due to administrative and planning fees.
Cancellation of hotel rooms must be handled directly with the hotel.