2019 Pediatric Transplant Symposium
Friday, May 3, 2019
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women | 4th Floor Conference Center | 6651 Main St. | Houston | 77030
About the Conference
Join Transplant Services at Texas Children’s Hospital for a day of educational discussions on pediatric transplantation.
Speakers will include experts in heart, kidney, liver and lung transplant; Texas Children’s physicians and surgeons; patient families; and other guest speakers.
The symposium is targeted to a wide array of medical professionals including physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, transplant coordinators, case managers, and more.
Our theme this year is to highlight real world topics related to transplantation. These topics will give medical professionals the information they need to know to help patients and their families achieve success before and after transplantation.
Business casual or hospital attire
- Demystifying the System: How do Recipients get their Organs?
- The Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) Perspective
- The Donor Hospital Perspective
- The Procurement Perspective
- he Transplant Center Perspective
- Social Media in Transplantation: How Many Shares Does it Take to Get a Kidney?
- How to Prepare Patients and Families for the Life Changing Experience of Transplant
- Transplant Recipient Experience, A family perspective
- Infection Control: Living Life Safely Post-Transplant
- Nutrition: Role of nutritional rehabilitation pre & post
- Psychological: Post-Transplant PTSD and Depression
- Planning & Resources for the Financial Strain of Transplantation
- Psychosocial & Financial Considerations of Transition to Adult Care
- Pediatric Transplant Center Perspective
- Adult Transplant Center Perspective
- Navigating the Pharmacy World: Brand Name, Generic Medications, Manufacturer Changes and Co-Pays
- Natural Disasters: The Story of Hurricane Harvey and its Impacts on Transplant Patients
- Transplant Tourism (when organs are scarce, recipients will go to extremes in some cases to find organs!)
Coming from Main Street? Look for TMC parking garage 21 signs.
Coming from Fannin? Look for TMC entrance 9/garage 21 signs for parking.
From the parking garage, take the elevator to the Fourth Floor and follow the directional signage.
Valet parking is also available at the main entrance at 6651 Main St. Houston, Texas 77030.
Parking will NOT be validated.
There are two Houston airports to choose from:
- HOU- William P. Hobby Airport is 12.6 miles from Texas Children's (approx. 25 minute drive).
- IAH- George Bush Intercontinental Airport is 25.5 miles from Texas Children's (approx. 40 minute drive).
Transportation options to the hotel: Uber, Lyft, Taxi from the airport.
Closest hotel is the Marriott in the Medical Center at 6580 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030
Please check back for accreditation information closer to the event date.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please email email@example.com.
Refunds for paid registrations will be given, less a $5 administrative fee, if you email Melissa Nugent before midnight on April 24, 2019.
No refunds will be given for cancellations made after Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Clinical Educator for Transplant Services: Melissa Nugent, BCN, RN, CCTC
Please contact Melissa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with conference related questions.