12th Advanced Symposium on Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging
- EB Singleton Department of Pediatric Radiology, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
- Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
- Department of Diagnostic Imaging, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland, CA
- Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Division of Cardiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Department of Medical Imaging and Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital, Chicago
Sponsored by The Society for Pediatric Radiology and Texas Children’s Hospital
Date, Time & Location
October 14-16, 2016
8:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 14
7:15 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 15
7:00 a.m. - 12 noon on Sunday, October 16
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women 4th Floor Conference Center
6551 Main St., Houston, TX 77030
Co-Hosts: Drs. Rajesh Krishnamurthy, Cory Noel, Prakash Masand, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
The 2 ½ day course will provide updated information regarding advanced utilization of non-invasive imaging in children with cardiovascular disease with emphasis on MRI. There will be a session on Works-in-Progress in which cardiovascular imaging sections from major pediatric institutions will present their most recent research results and plans. See the preliminary agenda for the Symposium.
- Discuss the latest information on MR assessment of aortopathy, myocardial disease, coronary disease in children.
- Review advanced applications of MR in cardiovascular imaging including assessment of ventricular-vascular interaction, myocardial energetics, pulmonary vascular resistance, and diastology.
- Discuss technical advances in CMR involving fast imaging, interventional CMR, and stress perfusion.
- Discuss the potential role of big data in the practice of pediatric CMR and understand the key questions facing major indications for pediatric CMR.
- Discuss the application of CTA for pulmonary perfusion and CTA dose calculations.
- Compare cardiovascular MR experience and expertise, and build a network amongst practitioners of pediatric CMR.
Case and Research Poster Presentations & Contest
Attention Residents, Fellows and Junior Staff: Please submit your Interesting Case and Best Research Abstract. If accepted, the posters will be displayed outside the conference room. The submitted Case and Research abstracts will be judged in advance of the symposium and the authors of the highest scoring case and research presentations will be invited to present their posters during the Sunday Young Imagers Session. Case and Research Abstracts should be submitted by July 31, 2016. (2200 character limit). Abstracts should be in Microsoft Word format or Microsoft PowerPoint – images only, do not include videos.
To enter, please send a letter of intent to Sherri Musslewhite at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive back a link to a secure website for uploading abstract.
Continuing Medical Education
Earn CME Credits and Category A hours.
The registration deadline for the symposium is September 30, 2016.
- USD 495.00
- USD 300.00 for Residents, Fellows and Technologists (note: letter from training program required for residents and fellows)
- USD 550.00 for registrations received after September 10 or onsite registration
How to Register
A block of hotel rooms will be available at Marriott Medical Center, 6580 Fannin St., Houston, TX, 77030. (Located near Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women.)
A reduced rate of USD 109.00 plus tax is available for Symposium attendees on a first come, first served basis. To receive this rate, book online here or call 1-800-228-9290 and ask for the Texas Children’s Hospital Pediatric Radiology Room Block.
Please contact Sherri Musslewhite at email@example.com