Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology are pleased to host Girls Elevated, an interactive day-long session for young girls and their parents. Join us for an informative, fun-filled day dedicated to creating stronger, more confident young women. Our team of experts will help arm teen and preteen girls with the knowledge they need to navigate the changes and challenges that lie ahead. Sessions will cover important topics such as healthy relationships, body image and sexual pressures. Adults will receive expert advice on bonding with their teen, setting boundaries and talking about difficult subjects.
- Normal puberty, periods and hygiene
- Personal safety
- Nutrition and physical activity
- HPV infection
- Navigating risky behaviors and talking with teens
Who Should Attend?
- Girls ages 8-18 and their parents/caregivers
- Separate sessions for elementary, middle school, and high school girls as well as adults
Cost and Registration
- $30 per adult/teen pair, $22.50/adult or $15/additional child Admission cost includes lunch, snacks and free convenient parking
- SATURDAY, February 29, 2020 | 9 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. United Way Community Resource Center 50 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007
- To reserve your space, register online at girlselevated2020.eventbrite.com
- Call Ann Tims, 832-826-7464, Baylor Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology