Texas Medical Center
Texas Children's Hospital - Main Campus
6701 Fannin Street, Mark Wallace Tower, 11th Floor
Houston, TX 77030
Steven A. Ricondo, MD, FAAP
As a provider of medical subspecialty care for adolescents and young adults at Texas Children’s Hospital and the BCM Teen Health Clinics, Dr. Ricondo strives to create safe and affirming spaces that empower youth to embrace their individuality and become advocates of their own health with the help of an interdisciplinary team and familial support. Dr. Ricondo’s clinical and research interests include the care of transgender and gender diverse youth, as well as management of eating disorders, gynecological issues, and sexual and reproductive health needs.
- Eating Disorders
- LGBTQIA+ Health, Gender Care
- Sexual & Reproductive Health, HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Improving Access to Care for Adolescents and Young Adults with Eating Disorders
- Care of Transgender and Gender Diverse Adolescents and Young Adults
- Social Determinants of Health Impacting Homeless LGBTQIA+ Adolescents & Young Adults
Texas Children’s Hospital Medical Staff Best and Most Complete Physician Fellow Excellence Award (06/2020)
Baylor College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Subspecialty Fellow Advanced Degree Scholarship Recipient (06/2018 – 06/2020)
Stony Brook Children’s Hospital Pediatric Intern of the Year (06/2014)
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.