Scott Edward Wenderfer, MD
Dr. Wenderfer treats children of all ages with any form of kidney disease. This includes acute and chronic kidney diseases, genetic kidney diseases, protein or blood in the urine, nephrotic syndrome, and hypertension. His expertise is in treating inflammatory kidney diseases, such as glomerulonephritis and lupus nephritis. Dr. Wenderfer also treats patients with other autoimmune or rheumatologic diseases where there is kidney involvement.
Dr. Wenderfer believes in personalized medicine, patient-centered care, and good communication among specialists for best outcomes in caring for children with complex chronic medical conditions.
• Nephrotic syndrome
• Lupus nephritis
• Renal vasculitis
• Immune complex kidney diseases, such as lupus nephritis
• Clinical and translational studies of glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome
• Crescentic glomerulonephritis
• C1q nephropathy
• Consensus treatment plans and evidence based medicine in lupus nephritis
• Clinical trials
MJ Holland, MW Beresford, BM Feldman, J Ying, J Huggins, X Norambuena, SE Wenderfer, et al. Measuring Disease Damage and its Severity in Childhood-Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Arthritis Care & Research In press, PMID: 29409150, 2018.
M Pereira, E Muscal, K Eldin, MJ Hicks, ACP Sagcal-Gironella, M De Guzman, and SE Wenderfer. Clinical presentation and outcomes of childhood-onset membranous lupus nephritis. Pediatric Nephrology 32(12):2283-2291, PMID: 28717937, 2017.
SE Wenderfer, NM Ruth, HI Brunner. Advances in the Care of Children with Lupus Nephritis. Pediatric Research 81(3):406-14, PMID: 27855151, 2016.
Orjuela AH, E Muscal, D Canter, A Suwanichkul, B Bessard, S Devaraj, MJ Hicks, SE Wenderfer. High Titer Anti-Basement Membrane Antibodies in a Subset of Patients with Pediatric Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. American Journal of Nephrology 41(3):241-7. PMC4441865, 2015.
Herring SM, N Gokul, M Monita, R Bell, E Boerwinkle, SE Wenderfer, MC Braun and PA Doris. The rat Immunoglobulin locus is associated with serum IgG levels and albuminuria. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 22(5):881-9. PMC3083310, 2011.
Google Scholar URL: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=M3UgsoYAAAAJ&hl=en
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.