Texas Medical Center
1102 Bates Ave., Ste. 1030
Houston, TX 77030
Mary Y. Hurwitz, PhD
Dr. Mary Hurwitz is involved in pre-clinical and translational studies of the use of gene therapy for ocular disorders. Using both in vitro and in vivo models of retinoblastoma, studies have been designed to examine viral-mediated gene therapy for the treatment of tumors in the eye. These studies include:
- elucidation of the unique properties of adenoviral transduction in the ocular environment;
- investigation of immune consequences of adenoviral-mediated gene transfer;
- elucidation of the differences between metastatic and non-metastatic tumor development; and
- characterization of stem cell populations in retinoblastoma tumors and cell lines derived from those tumors.
* Texas Children's Hospital physicians' licenses and credentials are reviewed prior to practicing at any of our facilities. Sections titled From the Doctor, Professional Organizations and Publications were provided by the physician's office and were not verified by Texas Children's Hospital.