MyChart is your secure, free and convenient patient medical information portal
Your child's health is important to you around the clock – not just during office hours. That’s why Texas Children’s offers MyChart, your secure patient information portal. MyChart users benefit from access to:
- Scheduling Appointments
- Video Visits
- Easy communication with your health care team
- Medical history, growth charts, immunization records and more
To sign up for a MyChart account, call us at 877-361-0111.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Download the App
Check In Before Your Checkup
PreCheck-In from MyChart makes it easy for you to prepare for your upcoming appointment. You can complete nearly all of the check in process tasks via MyChart from the comfort of your home – or anywhere!
Approximately 5 days before your appointment, you can navigate to your appointment listing under “Upcoming Appointments” and then take care of the following appointment necessities before your arrive:
- Pay visit copays (you will not be charged until your visit is completed)
- Verify or update insurance and demographics information
- Electronically sign documents
- Review medications, allergies, and current health issues
Answer health questionnaires
Then please let the front desk staff know that you are here for your appointment so we know you’re ready.
To use PreCheck-In:
- Log in to MyChart.
- Select My Appointments.
- Click My Upcoming Appointments.
Choose your appointment and select “PreCheck-In” or “Update Info” to start the process.
Meeting with a provider by video visit is a convenient way to receive care without coming to the hospital or clinic in person.
You can use a web browser on your computer or an app on a mobile device to start a video visit. Mobile devices are preferred, because the MyChart app makes it easy to access your visit and most mobile devices already have the appropriate camera and microphone setup for video visits.
After an appointment is made, the clinic will reach out to you if a video visit is available.
Wait List Scheduling
Sometimes earlier appointment options become available sooner than your originally scheduled appointment.
If there is an earlier appointment available that meets your original appointment criteria and medical needs, you will receive a text and/or email notification as soon as an earlier appointment is open.
Signing up to accept MyChart text message notifications is the fastest and easiest way to be alerted when a Wait List appointment offer is available.
How to receive MyChart text message notifications:
- Sign in to MyChart.
- Update Notification Settings. You may receive a pop up alert with instructions about updating notifications, or you can update notification preferences in MyChart (via desktop version only) to opt in to receive New Wait List Offer text messages.
Select: Preferences > Notifications > New Wait List Offer > Check text box.
When you receive a text with a wait list offer:
- Log in to MyChart immediately.
- From the home page or My Appointments menu, select My Upcoming Appointments (for mobile app users, select Appointments.)
Review the new offer, and choose whether you'd like to keep your current appointment or switch to the new appointment. (NOTE: Offer expires and is 1st come, 1st served.)
- If you choose to keep your current appointment, or do not claim the new appointment offer before it expires, no further action is required. When a new appointment offer is not accepted, you will keep your original appointment, remain on the wait list and will be notified in the future if additional appointment times become available. You may receive wait list offers for each appointment you have scheduled with any Texas Children's Hospital department.
Share Everywhere is a new way for you to share your medical information with the people who are taking care of you. For example, this might be a doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist, dentist, or school nurse.
- Learn More
For more information or help with your account activation, please call 877-361-0111 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or email us at email@example.com
Urgent medical needs: This service is not for urgent medical needs. If you or your child needs urgent medical attention, please 911.