Refer a Patient to Vannie Cook Clinic
A referral from your physician is required in order to make an appointment at the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Children's Cancer Center and Hematology Clinic. Physicians may refer a patient to the Vannie Cook Children's Clinic by calling (956) 661-9840 or by faxing a referral to (956)-661-9841. Physicians are available during non-business hours, weekends and holidays.
During this phone call, your child's case is discussed and it is decided how soon the patient should be scheduled for an appointment at the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Children's Cancer and Hematology Clinic. This conversation also helps to determine what laboratory tests will be necessary at the time of the visit.
What to Bring to the First Appointment
Bring as many of these items as possible to your first appointment:
- Immunization and medical records of the patient
- If x-rays and/or scans have been obtained, please bring a copy preferably on a CD (digital copy) if available
- If available, please bring pathology slides and paraffin blocks
- Insurance cards for proof of insurance
- The Social Security Number of the insurance holder in order to verify insurance coverage