Travel Medicine at Texas Children’s Hospital provides vaccines required to enter foreign countries and those recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Certain recommended vaccines may help families reduce the risk of acquiring illnesses during international travel, including travel for adoption.
In addition to vaccinations, the clinic staff offers advice on travel-related concerns, including:
- Medications to prevent malaria
- Methods to prevent insect bites
- Preparation of safe drinking water and food
- Preventing altitude and motion sickness
- Counseling for families with underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of acquiring infections
Our physicians offer family-centered care, providing advice and treatment for the whole family.