The Department of Surgery at Texas Children's Hospital represents more than 80 full-time pediatric-focused surgeons who are also faculty members at Baylor College of Medicine. Our surgeons, advanced practice providers and more than 600 Texas Children's Hospital staff members are dedicated to caring for and improving the health of children through patient care, education and research. Our team's tireless efforts are evident in our more than 25,000 operative cases and 115,000 outpatient clinic visits performed last year.
Our team is dedicated to caring for children in and around the greater Houston area through our 5 community health centers and 2 Texas Children's Hospital locations. Additionally, we take great pride in caring for children at other hospitals in the Houston area and from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the globe.
The Department of Surgery at Texas Children's Hospital represents a dedicated team of pediatric-focused surgeons in:
- Congenital Heart
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Transplant Services
Download the Department of Surgery Annual Report to learn about our surgical divisions, clinical programs, medical advancements and more. You can also select a section to learn more about a specific division’s accomplishments.
Outcome and Impact Service
The Texas Children’s Hospital Outcomes and Impact Service is dedicated to helping patients, families and providers make better health care decisions using outcomes data. The goals of our service are to:
- Track and improve our clinical outcomes
- Understand the impact of those outcomes on the lives of our patients and families over time
- Make these outcomes data available in a form accessible by the general public
- Partner with patients and families in understanding outcomes data
- Help patients and families know what questions to ask when seeking medical treatment