Patient Prescription Assistance Program (PPAP)
The Texas Children’s Hospital PPAP program is for Texas Children’s Hospital Specialty Pharmacy patients who do not have prescription drug coverage and need help to afford their medications. Similar patient assistance programs may be offered by pharmaceutical companies to provide free or low cost prescription drugs to qualifying individuals.
To be considered for assistance, a patient must:
- be a U.S resident
- receive medications from Texas Children’s Specialty Pharmacy
- show proof of household income
- not have prescription drug coverage
- meet with a Texas Children’s Hospital Financial Counselor
How to apply
Once the patient has met with a Texas Children’s Financial Counselor, the patient will need to provide:
- proof of income (Select one option: most recent tax return, three paycheck stubs, or a social security award letter)
- household size
- valid identification
NOTICE: If you withhold or provide false information your application may be denied or cancelled at any time.
Patient can be approved for medication coverage for up to one year from approval. If approved, the patient is responsible for:
- scheduling monthly refill requests
- applying for PPAP every year
How to submit application
Please email PPAP documents to email@example.com or fax to 832-825-0627. Documents may also be dropped off at the Admissions Office on West Tower Level 3 at Texas Children’s Hospital in the Texas Medical Center between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday (except holidays).
If you have questions regarding the Patient Prescription Assistance Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-822-1931, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.